- Ancient American: Archaeology of the Americas before Columbus
Ancient American describes the true prehistory of America's continent, regardless of presently fashionable belief-systems, and provide a public forum for certified experts and non-professionals alike to freely express their views without fear nor favor.
- Ancient Digger Archaeology
Ancient Digger teaches Archaeology, Anthropology and History to all Ages!
- Ancient East Asia
Independent website devoted to the archaeology and prehistory of China, Japan and Korea
- Ancient Egypt Research Associates
AERAweb.org, the official web site of Ancient Egypt Research Associates (AERA), provides information on the work of Dr. Mark Lehner and the international team of the Giza Plateau Mapping Project.
- Archaeology in Northeastern Nigeria
Research conducted by the Prehistory Department of the Johann-Wolfgang-Goethe University at Frankfurt am Main, Germany.
- Archaeology of the ancient Mayan civilization of Mesoamerica
Visit Jaguar Sun, a virtual ancient Mayan site, where you can find lots of historical information about the Maya, past and present, with a bookstore of resources and links to other Maya-related sites.
- Arctic Archaeology | University of Waterloo
This site describes archaeological research in the Arctic Regions of North America, especially Arctic Canada
- Australian Archaeological Anomalies Reseach
Awareness Quest researches and catalogues information on Archaeological Anomalies in Australia. We want to preserve Ancient sites from destruction and denial
- Bakhtiari Archaeological Finds
- Belize Valley Archaeological Reconnaissance Project
- Beringia Interpretive Centre
- Cuddie Springs Archaeological Site, New South Wales - Australian Museum
The rare evidence of co-existence of mega fauna and people in Australian prehistory
- Dangerous Archaeology
Francis Willey Kelsey and Armenia (1919-1920)
- Egyptian Hieroglyphics in Australia
- From Time Immemorial: Tsimshian Prehistory
- Grinco's Archaeology: Images from South Africa
A page with information on archaeology in South Africa with text and images (thumbnail and browser friendly!) and the first and Official Thulamela page.
- International Nemrud Foundation
The official web site of the International Nemrud Foundation
- Iraq - The cradle of civilization at risk
Iraq - The cradle of civilization at risk : H-Museum Current Focus
- Irish Archaeology
Irish archaeology on the Internet
Kerkenes Dag Project
- KV5 - The Theban Mapping Project
Since it first made world headlines in 1995, tomb KV 5, in the Valley of the Kings, has been described as the largest tomb ever found in Egypt, and the greatest archaeological discovery of the century
- Mayan archaeology including resources for students and scholars
Mayan archaeology, pre-Hispanic pyramid architecture of Latin America, featuring Olmec jade, stelae and sculpture at Copan, and showing how pre-Columbian art can be reproduced aided by new digital technology such as CO2 laser engravers, 3-D rapid prototyp
- Minnesota Archaeology - From Site to Story
Explore archaeology along the Upper Mississippi River in Minnesota. Features the most up-to-date data and presents intriguing stories about the people and times of long ago. Survey achaeological and environmental data for the Northern Headwaters Region
- Mugello Valley Archaeological Project and Poggio Colla Field School
- Mysteries of ?atalh?y?k
Mysteries of ?atalh?y?k explores the multitude of questions surrounding the findings at this archaeological dig in Turkey.
- NOVA Online | Mystery of the First Americans
NOVA Online presents Mystery of the First Americans
- NOVA Online | Treasures of the Sunken City
NOVA Online presents Treasures of the Sunken City
- NOVA Online/Lost City of Arabia
NOVA presents the use of remote sensing and GPS in archeology in a search for Ubar, the lost city of Arabia
- Novgorod Archaeology
- Official Website for Mesa Verde National Park
Cliff dwellings. Mesa Verde National Park.
- Origins of Angkor Archaeological Project
- Pacific Archaeology at Otago
Research and courses in Pacific Archaeology at the University of Otago, New Zealand
- Rock Lake Research Society
The Rock Lake Research Society is a mutidisciplined group of professionals dedicated to recording and preserving the underwater structures at Rock Lake, Wisconsin.
- Roman Open Air Museum Hechingen-Stein.
A Villa Rustica from Roman Times A reconstructed Roman villa rustica from the 1st to the 3rd century A.D. Description of the site, walking tour and panoramic views.
- Ryan-Polynesian Archaeology
- Sam Ruff's Photographs of Mesopotamia, 1954 - 1956
Photographer Sam Ruff and his images of Mesopotamian archaeology and culture, 1954 - 1956, with RealAudio captions!
- Sarasvati Sindhu Civilization
All research work related to Sarasvati.
- Saskatchewan Archaeology
- Saskatchewan Archaeology
Descriptions of archaeological and historic sites along Saskatchewan waterways.
- School archaeological club in Siberian town Podgorny
School archaeological club from Central Siberia
- Search for the Hopewell Road
- Sheffield Archaeology - New Zealand 'Greenstone'
- SIUE Cahokia Mounds Web Site
The definitive source for Cahokia Mounds State Historical Site information. Part of the site is devoted to those who have not visited, allowing them to visit through Virtual Reality.
- Tell Tuneinir, Syria
Tell Tuneinir at St. Louis Community College - Florissant Valley
- The Ancient Greek World
University of Pennsylvania Museum of Archaeology and Anthropology.
- The Ancient Indus Valley
The Ancient Indus Valley: Table of Contents and Directory of 500 multimediapages.
- The Archaeology of Ras al-Khaimah
A short introduction into the archaeology and periods of Ras al-Khaimah, United Arab Emirates
- The Black Sea Trade Project
- The Corinth Computer Project
Established in 1987, the Corinth Computer Project at the University of Pennsylvania Museum of Archaeology and Anthropology is dedicated to using technology with archaeological...
- The Cosquer Cave
- The Egyptian Supreme Council of Antiquities - The Official SCA Website
- The Prehistoric Archaeology of the Aegean
- The Scottish Crannog Centre
Relive the Past at the Scottish Crannog Centre, Loch Tay, Perthshire, Scotland - What is a Crannog - Underwater Archaeology at Oakbank Crannog - Open to the Public - also includes the Scottish Crannog Centre exhibition and VRML Crannog Demo.
- The TAY Project
The archaeological settlements of Turkey.
- The Virtual Mithraeum A temple to the Roman god Mithras
Explore the ruins of the 3rd century temple to the Roman god Mithras at Carrawburgh on Hadrians Wall, and the reconstruction on display in the Museum of Antiquities at the University of Newcastle, through Virtual Reality.
- The Wadi Araba Archaeological Research Project
- Tri-City Herald's Kennewick Man Virtual Interpretive Center
Extensive news coverage of the Kennewick Man discovery and controversy
- Valeria Archaeological Survey Project Homepage
- Valley of the Kings Foundation
Home of the Amarna Royal Tombs Project
- Wadi Ziqlab Project: Archaeological Research in Jordan.
Excavations and surveys by the University of Toronto. Archaeological research and excavations on Epipalaeolithic, Neolithic, Chalcolithic and Early Bronze Age sites in Wadi Ziqlab's drainage basin, northern Jordan.
- WebWeaver's North American Archaeology Links
- Zagarell's Archaeology Page